Zuckerberg explained why Facebook has not deleted the post trump about the protests in Minneapolis

CEO of Facebook mark Zuckerberg explainedwhy his company will not take any action in respect of posts in which the US President Donald trump has threatened that “looting in Minneapolis will lead to a shooting.”

“I know that many are upset that we left the posts of President… We carefully looked at the post in which they discussed the protests in Minnesota, to assess whether it violates our policy. Although the post was disturbing historical information, we decided to leave it because of the reference to the National guard meant that we see this as a warning about the actions of the state, and we think people should know whether the government planned to use force”, – he wrote.

Zuckerberg said that Facebook’s policy in relation to incitement to violence allows to discuss the question of the use of force by the state.

“Later, the President published a report stating that the original message was a warning that a robbery can lead to violence. We decided that this post, which obviously prevents the violence, also does not violate our policies and are important to people”, – said the head of Facebook .

He noted that unlike Twitter, Facebook has no policy of placing warning messages before messages that could provoke violence. Zuckerberg explained that in accordance with the policies of his social network, if a message provokes violence, it should be deleted regardless of whether it deserves publication, even if it is written by a politician.

He also noted that he had contacted the White house to explain the policy of the social network.

“I strongly disagree with how the President has talked about this (the protests in Minneapolis), but I believe that people should be able to see for yourself,” concluded Zuckerberg.

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10111961824369871

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]