Russian journalist Vasily Utkin expressed his attitude to the annexation of Crimea.
– When you say that Russia illegally annexed the Crimea, are you not afraid? Because in Russia it is a serious statement. You are not afraid?
– No. I don’t even understand what you’re asking.
You do know that Russia took away the Crimea from Ukraine and unleashed a war in the Donbas, it is a great historical mistake?
– Yes, of course. After all, it entailed serious consequences.
– The Russians in the overwhelming majority or among your friends know that the problems that they have, due to the fact that Russia took the Crimea, that came sanctions for Donbas and so on?
– People in my circle consider the Crimea and the Donbass as a manifestation of the problems that led Russia to the position in which it is now.
For me the first manifestation of that great everything went wrong there, was the meeting of “United Russia”, where it was announced that Putin is back. I was very upset that they decided this without me, because this concerns me, as well as other 140 million guys and girls like me. For me the turnaround happened just then, all the rest is manifestation.
Now much more important to talk about the ratio of people who want to return to the Crimea in the Ukraine, and those who want the Peninsula remained Russian. I think this ratio is now much less important than the ratio of people who enthusiastically accepted the annexation of Crimea, and are now disappointed with what happens to them. Here this ratio is much more important.
Crimea could be a Russian, if Crimeans have enjoyed the success of the Russian education, if people bought Russian goods, if it worked for Russian businessmen and won the competition.
How the Crimea became a Russian, is very hard to accept, I don’t think that’s true, ‘ said Utkin.
See also: UTKIN: “IN Belarus it all depends on the words Papa, and he is clearly not all there”