Ex-player of Kiev Dynamo Tiberiu Gioane talked about the game in the Champions League.
– You have almost 40 games in the Champions League.
– I think there are others that are not included in this number. For example, the qualification matches. Even in the preliminary rounds was difficult to play. So everyone in the club was happy when we were able to go out in a group. No matter, we lost the championship or not, it was important to be in the Champions League group stage. That was our goal.
– You played against Messi, Xavi, Pique…
They easily beat us. I had a shock at the camp Nou, as the stadium seemed much smaller than on TV. I got used to our “Olympic”, which to me seemed huge. Although the stadium in Kiev can accommodate 70 thousand, and “camp Nou” – 99 thousand, but our I felt great.
– What can you remember about Messi?
– He got us knocked out of the tournament. We had a chance to compete for qualifying to the next stage, and to play in the Europa League. But the goal Messi brought us out of the game (talking about the 2009-10 season, when Dynamo took the last place in the group with Barcelona, inter and Rubin – ed.).
– You had interest to exchange shirts after matches with opponents?
– No. Once I asked a t-shirt for a friend. I asked Dede, the Brazilian from Borussia Dortmund. It seemed to me nonsensical that after winning 5:0 or 6:0 I must go to the opponent and asking him a t-shirt. It looked humiliating. In Spain I saw it, when we were losing 0:7 or 0:8, but it was kiss and exchange shirts. What is it? The result doesn’t matter? For me it is not clear.
Read the full interview on Sport.ua – Tiberiu Ghioane: on the stroke of the Dynamo, the loss of the father and the greatness of Lobanovsky