“They will return”. Zuckerberg responded to the boycott major advertisers

Boycott major advertisers will not make a company Facebook change their rules. About the founder and CEO of Facebook mark Zuckerberg said during an online meeting with employees, announced on 2 July The Information.

The meeting was held on June 26, but about the statements Zuckerberg became known a few days later. In Facebook confirmed the publication of said head.

Zuckerberg insisted that the boycott will not last long and that “all advertisers soon will be back on the platform.” Also, according to him, the financial losses caused by the refusal to place advertising, exaggerated, because the main profit Facebook retrieves from cooperation with small businesses.

At the same time, the CEO admitted that at stake is the reputation of the social network. He instructed to hold talks with the activists of the campaign #StopHateforProfit, supported by a major Corporation in the U.S. and abroad.

According to the BBC, 1 July, the head of global strategy of Facebook, a former member of the British Cabinet of Ministers Nick Clegg has sent letters to key players in the advertising market, which are trying to dispel doubts that the company is not struggling with the language of hate.

Already more than 600 brands, including Unilever, Hershey, Starbucks, Verizon, Coca-Cola, refused to advertise in Facebook. The participants of the boycott are demanding policy changes of the platform against racism, violence and human rights. Shares of Facebook for the week fell by 8%, which resulted in the loss of Zuckerberg nearly $7 billion.

May 25 after a tough police detention died African American George Floyd. After the death of men in the United States, riots broke out. 29 may President Donald trump wrote in Facebook that the protesters “dishonor the memory of George Floyd”, and called the protesters thugs. A similar message, the American President has left Twitter. The microblogging service regarded him as the glorify violence.

Zuckerberg explained that his social network has not removed the posts of trump, as he regarded them as a warning about the actions of the state to be aware of.

June 1, dozens of Facebook employees went on strike in protest against the attitude of Zuckerberg.

June 2, the founder of the company decided not to change, not marking and not delete posts trump. However, on 6 June announced a change in policypermitting the discussion in the social network, the threats of use of force by the state. Zuckerberg also promised that the company will track and label content that can lead people astray, just as it is marked by any problematic information. The content can cause an outbreak of violence will be deleted, even if it will come from politicians, the importance of opinions which are for the society are obvious, he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]