The US defense Department denied trump’s words about the attack in Beirut

The Secretary of defense mark Esper, said, according to the United States, the explosion in the port of Beirut was an accident. This August 5, reports CNN.

Esper reported that the US continues to receive information about the incident, but at the moment there is no indication that the explosion occurred as a result of the attack, as told on the eve of the US President Donald trump.

He added that Washington is ready to provide Lebanon with humanitarian, medical or other necessary assistance.

On August 4, at a briefing in the evening trump expressed the view that the explosion in the port of Beirut could be a result of the attack.

“I have a very good relationship with the people of Lebanon and we are ready to help. It looks like an awful attack,” said trump.

A powerful explosion in the port of Beirut occurred on the evening of 4 August. Close to the port areas of Lebanon’s capital damaged or destroyed many buildings. Reuters wrote, citing eyewitnesses that the explosion was of such force that it felt even residents of the capital Nicosia, which is located almost 200 km from Beirut. The victims were at least 135 people, about 5 thousand wounded and dozens missing.

According to preliminary information, the explosion occurred in a warehouse of ammonium nitrate after the fire, caused by welding operations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]