The United States accused PMC “Wagner” in the booby-traps and minefields in Libya

There is a clear evidence that Russian private military company “Wagner” was engaged in a chaotic mining in large areas of Libya from the capital Tripoli to Sirte. On July 15 announced African command of the U.S. armed forces (AFRICOM).

“Sponsored by the Russian government, the group “Wagner” laid mines and improvised explosive devices in and around Tripoli, breaking the UN embargo on deliveries of weapons and endangering the lives of innocent Libyans. Verified photographic data indicate random placement from mid-June booby-traps and minefields from the outskirts of Tripoli to Sirte. According to our estimates, these weapons were brought into Libya by the group “Wagner”, – stated in the message.

The presence in Libya of a group of Wagner, numbering about 2,000 people, changes the nature of the inter-Libyan conflict and increases the potential risk to non-combatants, said the command.

“Photos and intelligence reflect the way in which Russia continues to interfere in Libyan Affairs. Reckless use of the Wagner anti-personnel mines and booby-traps harm innocent civilians,” – said the head of intelligence AFRICOM Heidi Berg,

After the overthrow in 2011 of the regime of Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi the country has formed a new government, however, in 2014 it split and in Libya, fighting broke out between the two administrations. One of them is the internationally recognized government of national unity, which controls Tripoli, the second – “tobrucka the government,” the armed forces which is commanded by Khalifa Haftar.

About sending Russian mercenaries in Libya in November 2019 wrote the American newspaper The New York Times. According to the newspaper, Russia for six weeks in Libya sent 200 mercenaries, some of whom are snipers. They participated in the fighting on the side of the Haftarot. In addition, the PMC “Wagner”, according to media reports, was engaged in the recruitment of new recruits to the force General in Syria.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]