The Pentagon withdrew the military from Washington

The Secretary of defense mark Esper 5 Jun signed the order about sending in their places of permanent deployment of all military personnel who were in Washington during mass protests. This was reported to journalists by the Minister of the US army and concurrently commander of the National guard in the district of Columbia Ryan McCarthy, writes Politico.

Displays the soldiers and officers of the 82nd airborne division and military police, said at the Pentagon.

According to McCarthy, the introduction of troops on 1 June was a forced measure, because the police “lost control”. The participants of the protests against the arbitrariness of the police captured the Lincoln memorial and part of the center of the capital, several policemen were injured.

But then, all the rallies were peaceful and the authorities decided that some 5,000 national guardsmen to maintain order in Washington, in particular, during major demonstrations scheduled for June 6, he added.

Protests in the US began after may 25 after a tough police detention in Minneapolis died African American George Floyd. Forensic examination confirmed that the death was caused by strangulation.

June 1, trump has said that he can bring the armed forces to disperse the protesters, under the act of 1807. The Minister of defense Esper opposed this idea.

In clashes in nine States, killed 11 people, among them – both police and demonstrators.

In Washington because of the vandalism and looting of June 1 was curfew. It was reported that because of the threat the White house President Donald trump waited out the protests in the bunker; he said that was down there for a while “for inspection”.

4 Jun mayor Muriel Bowser has requested that a protection order dealt only with the unitsstationed in the district of Columbia.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]