July 3-5 in Austria kicks off the season 2020 Formula 1. It will be one of the most memorable Championships in the history of f-1. What you need to know about the new season.
In Ukraine, the race Grand Prix Austria will be live to watch on TV Setanta Sports (Sunday, 16:00).
Officially the Formula 1 is confirmed only 8 stages. The season starts with two races in Austria, then there will be a stage in Hungary, and two consecutive Grand Prix in the UK. Next are Spain, Belgium and Italy. In the near future the f-1 required to publish an expanded calendar, however, due to the coronavirus to organize the stages quite difficult, especially for the Grand Prix outside of Europe. The entire series expect to spend 13-15 races and to finish a strange season in December.
While only 8 confirmed Grand Prix
Note that the rules of f-1 recorded item according to which season is considered valid if a minimum of 8 stages. So in the worst case Formula 1 will hold 8 races and be called champion.
But what about the virus? But if the pilot gets sick?
Formula 1 has developed an extensive security Protocol and hoped that it would work. Maximally reduced the number of employees who travel with the teams on the stages. Everyone should use masks and sanitizers, and also to stay away from each other. In General, all as always. Unless we developed a smartphone app that helps track movement and contacts of the person, if he is diagnosed with coronavirus.
The most interesting question – what to do if you get sick pilot? In f-1 stated that this case will not lead to cancel the race or season. All teams have reserve drivers, and if anyone of the pilots got sick, then it will be replaced by reservist. Another issue is that under the current density of the calendar, and at least two weeks of quarantine cases among the top drivers got him out of the fight for the title.
So reserve riders will be vital this season.
Despite the discussion of new formats (and such an unusual season could be perfect for experiments), the team decided to leave it as is. There were options with qualifying or sprint races, races with a reverse starting grid and whatnot, but mostly the top teams is not supported.
But the coronavirus will make changes to the familiar elements of the show: preparing to start, the podium (or they will not, or will the brief ceremony), interviews and everything else that surrounds the stage. Journalists have to work remotely, and fans in the stands will not.
What’s up with the contenders for the titles?
During the quarantine, the teams were forbidden to work on cars, so in many ways we approach the start of the season in the same form that was in March. Favorites Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes. The team still managed to prepare a small update the car and motor, wanting to confirm the status of favorite in the Cup of designers. However, experts say that excellent preparation Red bull. The command itself does not hide the fact that they are fine and even said that in 2013 did not come to the finals with that confidence. Red bull, like Mercedes, prepared by home race in Austria. So expect the battle Hamilton vs Verstappen.
But fans of Ferrari, it seems, you can once again miss the season. The team confirmed that they had built a bad car and will remake it. This will take two steps low, but because the earlier the Hungarian Grand Prix any updates will not. Charles LeClair, apparently, will not be able to intervene in the battle for the title.
More interesting stuff?
– possible appearance of new roads. The crisis has forced to look in the direction of the racetrack, in Imola, Mugello, Algarve and Hockenheim. You need something to fill the calendar.
– the progress of the team racing point. Engineers copied the car Mercedes last season, which caused the discontent of rivals. However, the rules it is not forbidden, but tests in the spring showed that the team was able to fight with Ferrari. It is worth Recalling that in 2021 the racing point turn in an Aston Martin and get a solid financial investment.
last season Sebastian Vettel? It is quite possible. The pilot is leaving Ferrari at the end of the year and the other options yet. It is unlikely that the SEB will help LeClair, so we can expect German “free ride” where he can show his class.
– last season Kimi Raikkonen? 40-year-old Iceman has not yet announced its decision, but it is possible that this is his last year in f-1. Kimi can manage to beat the record of Rubens Barrichello in the number of races.
– 7-the title of Lewis Hamilton. If I reach them, the Briton seemingly eternal record of Michael Schumacher? There quite a bit.
– fighting McLaren and Renault. Last year, team awesome hacked over the 4th place of the Cup of designers, but now they have a powerful competitor racing point.