The Ministry of health has published the next, 7 the account, the version of methodical recommendations for the treatment of coronavirus infection (COVID-19). The document, drafted by the multidisciplinary group of experts on the basis of Russian and foreign clinical experience published on the Agency’s website.
In the new version of the document was considerably expanded and revised in all sections. In particular, in section 5.1 “Pathogenetic therapy” added information about possibility to use (by decision of medical Commission) of the drug favipiravir (Aviewer), recently registered as the first means of etiotropic therapy COVID-19 in Russia.
The purpose of this drug to patients is possible under the following conditions:
• use only in a hospital under the supervision of medical personnel;
• a warning in the instruction on medical application of the incompleteness of the clinical
data in drug registration;
• the drug is contraindicated for appointment in children and pregnant women;
• presentation of data pharmacovigilance frequency;
• mandatory-batch sample quality control of medicines
in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation;
• completion of clinical studies of the drug in full volume to more statistically significant data on its safety and clinical effectiveness.
Recommendations there remains the mention of the antimalarial drugs hydroxychloroquine and mefloquine as a promising means of therapy COVID-19. While the document refers to the suspension of clinical studies of hydroxychloroquine, the who, to further evaluate safety of the drug. However, according to the authors of the recommendations, the use of hydroxychloroquine and mefloquine, there are good reasons in certain patient groups and in low doses associated with a lower risk of cardiac arrhythmias.