The former king of Spain Juan Carlos went into exile amid financial scandal

Former king of Spain 82-year-old Juan Carlos left the territory of the state. This was announced by the office of the Royal house, the TV channel RTVE.

On the website of the channel made public a letter that Juan Carlos sent his son, king Felipe VI before leaving. The decision on voluntary exile made on the background of “public consequences of some of the episodes last personal life”, wrote the former monarch. He believes that his absence in the country will facilitate the provision of the ruling king.

In turn, the Royal house expressed its respect and gratitude to Juan Carlos.

Where did the ex-king, is unknown.

As writes El Pais, the decision to leave was expected, since July 4, the Prosecutor’s office of Switzerland reported on the progress in the investigation of money laundering, which featured Juan Carlos. The owner of a Bahamian company Solare Corinne Larsen testified that in 2012, the then ruling Spanish monarch, transferred to her account $65 million, probably received from king Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. It is assumed that Juan Carlos through two funds managed funds, with opaque origins.

In March 2020 the king of Spain Felipe VI received a letter from a British law firm Kobre & Kim. It was reported that in the event of the death of Juan Carlos, his son will receive the status of beneficiary of the offshore Fund Lucum Foundation. Felipe VI said the refusal to inherit “any assets, investments or financial structure, the origin of which is not in accordance with the law”. He also announced the intention to deprive his father an annual allowance of €194 232, which were allocated from the state budget.

His investigations into articles on money laundering and tax fraud in June there began Prosecutor’s office of Spain. After Juan Carlos in 2014, abdicated the throne in favor of his son Felipe VI, he has no constitutional immunity.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]