The Director General of the who on the termination of funding from the United States: we will Try to fill financial gaps

The world health organization expresses its regret at the decision of the President of the United States Donald trump to stop the allocation of funds for the period of the audit, the effectiveness of the who response to the outbreak of coronavirus. This was at the briefing on 15 April the Director-General said the organization tedros adhanom Ghebreyesus.

The transcript of his speech published the website who.

Of ghebreyesus recalled that the UN Agency dealing with global health, not only focuses on COVID-19 and deals with the problems of polio, measles, malaria, Ebola, HIV, tuberculosis, cancer, diabetes and many other diseases.

“Who studies the impact of our work any withdrawal of funds from the United States and will work with our partners to fill the financial gaps that we face, and to ensure the continuity of our work,” said the CEO.

According to him, at the end of the pandemic COVID-19 thorough analysis of who action with the participation of member countries and independent structures.

“Without a doubt, areas where you can improve will be defined, all we will learn. But now our goal and my main goal is to stop this virus and save lives,” said Ghebreyesus.

14 APR trump said that who are unable to adequately and timely dispose of information and projections of the pandemic, therefore, States suspend the financing of this organization.

Flash coronavirus infection COVID-19 began in late 2019 in China. March 11, the world health organization declared the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

According to the American Johns Hopkins University, the total number of infected people in the world has exceeded 2 million.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]