The Director General of the who on coronavirus: the Worst is yet to come

The Director General of the world health organization tedros adhanom Ghebreyesus warned at a press briefing on 20 April in Geneva that the situation with the pandemic coronavirus worst is yet to come. Briefing video published on the YouTube channel of the organization.

“Believe me: the worst is yet to come. Let’s prevent this tragedy. Many people still do not understand what this virus,” said the Ghebreyesus.

Some developed countries, which initially made the wrong conclusions about the coronavirus, is in trouble, said the head of the who.

Of ghebreyesus said the international community should consider the coronavirus as the “common enemy of mankind” and to act in solidarity.

“If we don’t unite, the virus will stay with us for a long time to kill more lives,” – said the head of the organization.

He also called to treat each victim as an individual and not to reduce everything to statistics.

“When you say “100 000 [victims],” for many it can be just numbers that mean nothing. But I urge to think that these 100 000 – somebody’s mother, somebody’s father, somebody’s daughter and somebody’s son. These are real people. Let’s not turn them into numbers,” said the Director General of the who.

Flash coronavirus infection COVID-19 began in late 2019 in China. March 11, the world health organization declared the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. According to data from the American Johns Hopkins University, coronavirus in the world has infected more than 2.49 million, 171 thousand of them died, 656 thousand recovered. Among the coronavirus-affected countries – USA, Spain, Italy, France, Germany and the UK.

In late March, Ghebreyesus said the coronavirus pandemic is a global crisis that requires a global response, no one country can solve this problem alone. In his opinion, without the common efforts of all world community the victims of the coronavirus may be millions of people.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]