The trial in the case of the crash of flight MH17 in the Netherlands will continue on August 31. As reported by Dutch publication NOS, this was at a meeting on 3 July the judge said Hendrik of Steinhaus.
To this date, the protection of Russian Oleg Pulatova, the only suspect whose lawyers participate in the process, must submit their application and the position of the client in connection with the charges.
The Boeing 777, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 near Torez in Donetsk region. Killed all 298 people who were on Board (citizens of Netherlands, Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia, UK, Germany, Belgium, Philippines, Canada and New Zealand).
According to the findings of the international investigation team, flight MH17 was shot down from the complex “Buk” from territory controlled by Pro-Russian militants. After the crash, and the weapon was returned to Russia. Investigators said that “Buk” arrived to Donbas from the Kursk region.
In may 2018 the Netherlands and Australia officially blamed Russia for the Downing of flight MH17. Russia his involvement in disaster deny.
March 9, 2020, the Hague regional court began to consider the case of the crash of the Malaysian aircraft. Accused fourcitizens of Russia Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky and Pulatov, as well as a citizen of Ukraine Leonid Kharchenko.
22 Jun lawyers Pulatova questioned the basic version of the disaster and demanded to investigate the testimony of 27 witnesses that Malaysian plane was shot down by a fighter APU. Prosecutors Thijs Berger and ward Ferdinandusse stated that alternative version does not need further investigation, since even attorneys don’t consider them likely.
The version of Ukrainian fighters promoted Russian propaganda media. In 2014, they wrote that a certain Spanish Manager Carlos said in his microblog on Twitter, that for a few minutes before the Malaysian plane disappeared from the radar, “with him were seen two Ukrainian fighter”. The first message of the “Spanish Manager” was published by the website of TV channel RT. In August 2016, the Russian edition of The Insider found that previously blocked Twitter “Spanish Manager” was reopened under the name “Lyudmila Lopatkina” and is filled with program-bot. In 2018, Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty found out that presented by the Manager of the Spanish citizen Jose Carlos Barrios Sanchez has a criminal record for fraud, and Twitter did for TV channel RT in Spanish. Sanchez said that received from the RT $48 thousand.