On 3 July the district court of the Hague, which hears the case about the crash in Ukraine Boeing flight MH17 Malaysia Airlines rejected most of the requests for the protection of one of the defendants, a Russian citizen Oleg Pulatova. It is reported by the project “Rate”.
The defense asked for additional investigative actions in relation to alternative scenarios of disaster that Boeing was shot down by a Ukrainian fighter jet or a Ukrainian SAM.
Most of the requests for additional interrogation of witnesses allegedly saw the fighter was rejected because the lawyers Pulatova did not specify what exactly want them to learn. Requests for access to data of the Ukrainian radars also dismissed.
Of the requests granted: the court agreed to clarify the testimony of a Ukrainian anti-aircraft gunners by the name Tarankov, which introduced confusion in the data on maximum flight range of the missile complex “Buk”. Protection Pulatova has also provided the opportunity to examine the remains of the aircraft and to interview experts who have studied them.
Judge Hendrick of Steinhaus decided to send an additional request in the US on satellite images of the intended area of the missile launch, and missile defense systems, which gave the Foundation of the American Embassy to approve the July 18, 2014 on attack of the “Buck”. The United States handed over primary data to only one Dutch Prosecutor with access to state secrets.
The Boeing 777, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 near Torez in Donetsk region. Killed all 298 people who were on Board (citizens of Netherlands, Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia, UK, Germany, Belgium, Philippines, Canada and New Zealand).
The version of Ukrainian fighters promoted Russian propaganda media. In 2014, they wrote that a certain Spanish Manager Carlos said in his microblog on Twitter, that for a few minutes before the Malaysian plane disappeared from the radar, “with him were seen two Ukrainian fighter”. The first message of the “Spanish Manager” was published by the website of TV channel RT. In August 2016, the Russian edition of The Insider found that previously blocked Twitter “Spanish Manager” was reopened under the name “Lyudmila Lopatkina” and is filled with program-bot. In 2018, Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty found out that presented by the Manager of the Spanish citizen Jose Carlos Barrios Sanchez has a criminal record for fraud, and Twitter did for TV channel RT in Spanish. Sanchez said that received from the RT $48 thousand.
According to the findings of the international investigation team, flight MH17 was shot down from the complex “Buk” from territory controlled by Pro-Russian militants. After the crash, and the weapon was returned to Russia. Investigators said that “Buk” arrived to Donbas from the Kursk region.
In may 2018 the Netherlands and Australia officially blamed Russia for the Downing of flight MH17. Russia his involvement in disaster deny.
March 9, 2020, the Hague regional court began to consider the case of the crash of the Malaysian aircraft. Accused fourcitizens of Russia Igor Girkin, Sergey Dubinsky and Pulatov, as well as a citizen of Ukraine Leonid Kharchenko.
22 Jun lawyers Pulatova questioned the basic version of the disaster and demanded to investigate the testimony of 27 witnesses that Malaysian plane was shot down by a fighter APU. Prosecutors Thijs Berger and ward Ferdinandusse stated that alternative version does not need further investigation, since even attorneys don’t consider them likely.
The next court session in the Hague is scheduled for August 31.