The army of the Haftarot has announced the cessation of hostilities in Libya

The Libyan national army is the field Marshal Khalifa the Haftarot on April 29 announced the termination of all military operations in Libya during the month of Ramadan. It is reported by Al Hadath.

The representative of the General command of the Libyan army, major General Ahmed al-Mesmari said that the decision was a response to calls by the international community to immediately cease hostilities during the month of Ramadan.

However, he said that the army will retain the right to respond to any threat or suspicious movement and the violation of the truce.

Group of Haftarot is based in the East of the country. In April of 2019 she attempted to take control of Tripoli, but the forces under the control of the NTC, drove the militia out of the city. According to data from the UN, just the result of military action in Libya to 2019, killed at least 284 civilians, most as a result of air strikes.

As noted by Al Jazeera, the NTC, supported by Turkey, and the Haftarot – United Arab Emirates and Egypt. Military support to the Haftarot has Russia, whose mercenaries are fighting in Libya.

26 December, the Libyan government officially asked Erdogan military aid, Turkey has started the redeployment of its troops. 8 January 2020 Turkey and Russia in a joint statement, called for the introduction of the ceasefire regime. The truce came at midnight on January 12.

On 13 January in Moscow began talks between Russia, Turkey and sides of the confrontation in Libya.

January 14, Haftar has refused to sign a truce with the government. On 16 January foreign Minister of Germany Heiko Maas on the basis of conversations with the Haftarot said that he agreed to abide by a truce with the recognized government of Libya.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]