The cause of the fire at St. George in the Russian city of St. Petersburg, according to preliminary data, short circuit became the electrical equipment, said the Governor of the city Alexander Beglov. About it reports a press-service of the city administration.
According to him, lit one of the ventilators.
Work at the site investigators.
“Five people were killed. More casualties were avoided due to the professionalism and selfless actions of the doctors and the nurses office. They immediately, without waiting for the arrival of firefighters, began to evacuate their patients to other floors and other offices, rolling out of bed to protect patients from the smoke. But most importantly – they managed to turn off the office power supply and the supply of oxygen to prevent more severe consequences,” said Beglov.
He added that 15 people from the affected offices have been evacuated to other wards within the hospital.
A fire occurred this morning on the sixth floor at the hospital of Saint-Petersburg at North Avenue 1. The fire was located in the intensive care unit of the “red zone”.