“Russia is waging a hybrid war against the EU.” The initiator of the dismantling of the monument to Konev in Prague has complained to the European Commission to the Russian Federation

The head of the district administration in the Czech capital Prague 6 ondřej kolář, who initiated the dismantling of the monument to Soviet Marshal Ivan Konev in Prague, wrote an open letter to the President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen, in which he called on Europe to condemn Russia’s actions.

The may 4 letter was published on the website of the Czech party TOP 09, which is a member Kolar.

The politician noted that “Russia is waging a hybrid war against the EU, the battleground which is currently Prague”.

In the letter Kolar noted that the Konev statue dismantled legally, since it is a property of the urban district. But this, said the head of the district, “caused a completely inappropriate reaction on the part of the Russian Federation”, which responded to threats and interference in the internal Affairs of the Czech Republic.

Kolar said that the Russians have already considered Czechs by the Nazis, he personally gawayteam, and the Russian Embassy in Prague and Russian officials called for the elimination of those involved in the dismantling of the monument.

“The behavior that we know from the Soviet era, it is unacceptable for our civilization, and should not be allowed. If like Europe we lose this Pseudokirchneriella the pressure of the Eastern giant with feet of clay, it will mean nothing, as the slow but definite collapse of liberal democracy. Madam President, I ask and encourage you to make a serious effort to make it clear to Russia that such behaviour is unacceptable,” the letter says Kolář.

He believes that Europe needs to show that any attack on a member state of the EU and its citizens is “an attack on the essence” and must condemn it.

The tension in relations between the Czech Republic and Russia emerged after in Prague 3 APR dismantled pamatic Konev. Kolar joked that he did it in compliance with the quarantine, because Konev was without a mask. The Czech authorities have stated that they plan to put the monument, which previously often poured paintin the Museum memory of the twentieth century.

The Russian defense Minister Sergei Shoigu wrote a letter to Czech authorities, demanding the transfer of the monument to Russia. The imprint of the Russian Federation initiated on the fact of demolition of the monument to a criminal case under part 3 of article 354.1 to the Criminal code (desecration of symbols of Russia’s military glory, committed publicly). The Czech foreign Ministry called the actions Sledkoma interference in internal Affairs.

On 26 April, the newspaper Respekt published an investigationwhere it was alleged that three weeks ago in Prague arrived the employee of the Russian special services with a diplomatic passport, which with me could be the poison ricin to poison a number of Czech politicians, including Kolář and the mayor of the Czech capital Zdenek Griba. After that they took custody. The Russian Embassy in Prague has called the publication of speculation and called to give her “appropriate assessment”.

Kolar wrote may 1 in Facebook that informed the Prague government had offered the statue to the Russians, but they showed no interest in her. He published a letter to the Russian Ambassador for 2017, which was called to pick up the monument and set it on the territory of the Russian Embassy. Then the Russians declined the offer and stated about the falsification of history. Kolar stressed that the monument is Konev created by the Czech sculptor Zdenek kribus for then Czechoslovak money, so “there can be talks about his return”.

https://www.facebook.com/kolarondrej/posts/3275847215782620

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The Pentagon withdrew the military from Washington

The Secretary of defense mark Esper 5 Jun signed the order about sending in their places of permanent deployment of all military personnel who were in Washington during mass protests. This was reported to journalists by the Minister of the US army and concurrently commander of the National guard in the district of Columbia Ryan […]

Killed leader of “al-Qaeda” in North Africa – French defense Ministry

On June 3 the French armed forces with the support of partners eliminated the so-called Emir of “al-Qaeda” to “Islamic Maghreb” of Abdelmalek Brookdale and several of his close associates. The Minister of defence of France, Florence Parlee said in a communique to the press, published in Facebook of the Ministry on 5 June. The […]