Famous American TV channel ESPN has published a list of hundred the most popular athletes in the world.
The top three included the best players of today Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi and basketball player LeBron James.
Also worth noting is the presence in the top ten tennis players Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. Their main rival Novak Djokovic rounded out the top 20.
The only boxer in the first hundred became Deontay Wilder (34), although MMA fighters from two Conor Macgruber (5) and Habib Nurmagomedov (15).
The full list can be found at the link.
Top 10 most popular athletes in the world according to ESPN
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal, soccer)
- LeBron James (USA, basketball)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina, football)
- Neymar (Brazil, soccer)
- Conor McGregor (MMA Ireland)
- Roger Federer (Switzerland, tennis),
- Virat Kohli, India (cricket),
- Rafael Nadal (Spain, tennis),
- Stephen Curry (USA, basketball)
- Tiger woods (USA, Golf)