The outlines of the European Cup the following season became known at a meeting of the UEFA Executive Committee. Published calendar of the Champions League and Europa League 2020/21.
English Premier League LE next season will consist of one match, not two. Only in the round of the playoffs the Champions League (4th stage of qualification) will be played two matches.
Ukraine will be represented by 5 teams (including two in the main competition). Champion of Ukraine (most likely, “miner”) starts with the group stage of the Champions League. The second place of the Premier League will break through the sieve of Champions League qualification, starting with Q3.
The winner of the Cup of Ukraine (or the third place of the Premier League) will begin performances with the group stage of the Europa League. The following command will start from the Q3, and the winner of the playoff of four teams for the last ticket to the Europa League will get a place in Q2.
We will remind, the competitions of the current season 2019/20 will resume and be finished in August.
Champions League 2020/21
- August 8-11: pre-qualifying round mini-tournament
- August 18-19: first round of qualifying (Q1) – one match
- 25-26 August: second qualifying round (Q2) – a one-off match
- 15-16 September: third round of qualifying (Q3) from a single match
- 22-23 and 29-30 September: round of play-offs (Q4) – from two matches
- 20-21 October: 1st round of the group round
- 27-28 October: 2nd round of the group round
- 3-4 November: 3rd round of the group round
- November 24-25: 4th round of the group round
- 1-2 Dec: 5th round of the group round
- 8-9 December: the 6th round of the group round
- 16-17 and 23-24 February 9-10 and March 16-17: 1/8 final two games
- 6-7 and 13-14 April: 1/4 final – two matches
- April 27-28 and may 4-5: 1/2 final – two matches
- May 29, 2021: final (Istanbul) – one match
Europa League 2020/21
- August 20: preliminary qualifying round – one match
- August 27: first round of qualifying (Q1) – one match
- September 17: the second round of qualifying (Q2) – a one-off match
- 24 September: third round of qualifying (Q3) from a single match
- October 1: play-offs (Q4) – one match
- Oct 22: 1st round of the group round
- Oct 29: 2nd round of the group round
- 5 November: 3rd round of the group round
- 26 Nov: 4th round of the group round
- 3 Dec: 5th round of the group round
- 10 Dec: 6th round of the group round
- 18 and 25 Feb: 1/16 finals – two games
- 11 and March 18: the 1/8 final of the two matches
- 8 and 15 April: 1/4 final – two matches
- April 29 and may 6: 1/2 final – two matches
- 26 may 2021: final (Warsaw) – one match
Cm. also: OFFICIALLY. UEFA took the decision to finish the competition and named the date and the city