U.S. Secretary of state Mike Pompeo said that the Chinese authorities could be aware of the new coronavirus in November 2019. This he said in a radio interview to the journalist Larry O’connor on April 23.
“The first cases [of infection with coronavirus] were known to the Chinese government, possibly in November,” – said the head of the state Department, noting that Beijing was definitely aware of new infections by the middle of December last year.
However, he said that the Chinese authorities “did not hurry anyone to inform, including the world health organization”.
On 24 April the Ministry of foreign Affairs of China has rejected accusations Pompeo.
“His comments have no basis or facts, they are completely reckless and contrary to the consensus of the international community”, – said the speaker of the Chinese foreign Ministry Geng Shuang at the briefing.
He assured that China will promptly shared with who information on the new coronavirus and data about the genome of SARS-CoV-2.
That the first case of infection with coronavirus in the Chinese city of Wuhan may have occurred in November rather than December 2019, and in March wrote to the South Korean newspaper South China Morning Post, citing the results of an unpublished study on the origin of the infection.
China has notified who of the outbreak on December 31. A month later – January 20, 2020 – Beijing announced that the coronavirus can be transmitted from person to person (hence there is the possibility of an epidemic). In March, the world health organization said that the epidemic coronavirus infection became a pandemic.
In this April 15, the Associated Press reported that Beijing at least six days kept silent about the fact that the virus can be transmitted from person to person. According to some experts, this “paved the way for the pandemic COVID-19”.
On 16 April, the TV channel Fox News, citing several sources familiar with the decisions of the authorities of China and had seen the relevant documents, reported that “patient zero” was a member of Wuhan Virology laboratory.
Documents seen by the interlocutors Fox News, describe in detail how doctors in the lab trying to contain the spread of the virus in the early stages. While channel sources claim that the Wuhan market animals and seafood “huanan”, which is called the possible source of the virus, never sold bats, and suggest that Chinese authorities are specifically came up with this version in order to divert suspicion from the lab.
The US President Donald trump said that the United States “will study the terrible situation” and Beijing has threatened “serious consequences”.
The foreign Ministry of China declared that the version about the leak of a coronavirus from laboratory of Wuhan has no evidence.