Police released a suspect in the arson of the Cathedral in Nantes

Law enforcement officers the French city of Nantes have released 39-year-old native of Rwanda who had been detained in the investigation of the arson at the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul. It is reported by Euronews.

The results of the interrogation, no charges have been made against him was not.

The Prosecutor confirmed that the man was a volunteer with the diocese on a voluntary basis. He was responsible for the closure of the Cathedral in the evening of 17 July, after which there was a fire.

“While nothing directly will not bind my client in the fire”, – said the lawyer of the migrant Quentin Scraper.

The Prosecutor leading the case, after the arrest of volunteer said that we are talking only about the verification – the man was detained because the police found inconsistencies in his chart movements to this day.

On the morning of 18 July in the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul in Nantes, a fire broke out. The fire was localized in about two hours after the arrival of firefighters.

The cause of the fire is not established, however, militiamen do not exclude that the temple was set on fire.

The fire completely destroyed a large body, also burned a significant portion of the interior of the Church.

The Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul in Nantes is the largest Gothic Church in the historical territory of Brittany and one of the largest in the whole of France – only six metres below the Notre Dame Cathedral. It was built during the XV–XIX centuries. The Cathedral was seriously damaged during the Second world war from the bombing, as well as in 1972 when fire destroyed the roof of the building.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]