Medical journal Lancet withdrew the study about the dangers of hydroxychloroquine when COVID-19

Respected medical journal Lancet withdrew the study about the dangers of anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine for patients with coronavirus infection. About it writes The Guardian.

The study, which stated that the use of anti-malarial drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine in the coronavirus increases the risk of death by almost half, was published in the Lancet on may 22. The authors stated that data were obtained under the supervision of 96 thousand 671 patients in the hospital on six continents.

On 4 June The Guardian published an article which spoke of the inaccuracies in the data that were used for analysis. This information provided little-known American company Surgisphere. It also became known that Surgisphere refused to provide a complete database for verification by an independent audit company.

In this regard, the study’s lead author, Professor Mandeep Mehra from Boston (Massachusetts, USA) addressed to the editor of Lancet with a request to withdraw the article.

Magazine editor Richard Horton called the situation “appalling example of misconduct in research during the global emergency of health”.

In February and March 2020, about “apparent effectiveness” of chloroquine in the treatment of coronavirus infection, said the Chinese physicians, in April French, pointing out a large number of unwanted side effects.

After the publication of the study Mama’s, and his colleagues, the world health organization has suspended trials of hydroxychloroquine. June 3, testing was resumed. “Based on available data about mortality of the members of the Committee for security and monitoring data concluded that there is no reason to change the treatment Protocol. The Executive team had received the recommendation and approved the continuation of all clinical trials, including hydroxychloroquine,” – said the Director General of the who tedros adhanom Ghebreyesus.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]