The Pitmen’s head coach luís Castro commented on the draw for the 1/4 finals of the Europa League, where the opponent team can be “Eintracht” Frankfurt or Basel.
While Shakhtar still have the return match of 1/8 final against Wolfsburg (first leg 2:1 in favor of the Ukrainian team).
– First of all congratulations with the title of Champions of Ukraine! As you have changed your job when you got back after quarantine?
– It was very difficult. We have already carried out two collecting, and after the quarantine, we had to hold third. Of course, it worked on the psychology of the players. Had to adjust the strategy. Knew that training at home is not the best and does not conform to normal football dynamics. Then began to work individually, in small groups, by sectors and then reunited the whole team. It was very difficult to get back to work, but fortunately, the players understand the process. And at the moment they are fully prepared to continue the work. And we are ready to return to the Europa League at the end of our championship.
– Your opinion about the draw?
– To be in the 1/4 finals, we have a very difficult mission – VfL Wolfsburg. We in any case don’t have to think about the next opponent after the first. Only then we will to talk about it. “Basel” and “Eintracht”? This is a strong team. Despite the fact that Liverpool has an advantage and can effectively think about the 1/4 finals. I believe that we should not get ahead of ourselves. It’s pointless when the main goal now is to think about the “Wolfsburg”.
– What can you say about the format of the final drawing? Instead of five matches before the final three…
– The psychological component of this season is very important. Teams have long played the first match of 1/8, you will have to hold back some time later. Starting with 1/4 matches will be like finals and everything will be resolved in one meeting, so the approach to such confrontations will be different – not the same as in the two-legged duel.