In the United States court abolished the death penalty for Tsarnaev

The U.S. court of appeals for the first district (Boston) abolished the death penalty to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death for complicity in the terrorist attack at the Boston marathon in 2013.

As reported by Reuters, district judge Oletta of Rogeri Thompson came to the conclusion that the lower authority has not coped with the implementation of the process and made the selection of the jury before the start of the hearing, formed an opinion about the guilt of the suspect.

In this regard, the case was sent for retrial.

While Thompson noted that tsarnaev “will spend the remaining days in jail.” “The only question is whether he will be executed”, – said the judge.

The Agency notes that tsarnaev was in prison “Supermax” in Colorado, which is called the “Alcatraz of the Rockies” due to the remoteness and enhanced security measures.

15 April 2013 at the finish line of the Boston marathon thundered two explosions. In the attack three people were killed and more than 260 were injured. A few days later, police arrested Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. His older brother Tamerlan, who allegedly was the organizer of the attack, was shot dead during the arrest.

May 15, 2015 jury sentenced Tsarnaev to death. As evidence that the accused has not confessed to the crime, the jury was shown a video from the camera of the convicted three months after the attack, which tsarnaev shows it to the camera first, the V sign (victory, victory. – “GORDON”), and then the middle finger. The jury did not believe the Tsarnaev claims that he became a victim of the influence of his older brother Tamerlan. The decision was made unanimously at the end of a nearly 15-hour debate.

Officially, the verdict was announced on 24 June of the same year. In July, the defense appealed the verdict.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]