June 22, in the District court of the Hague in the Netherlands will resume the trial in the case of the downed in the Donbass in 2014 the Malaysian Boeing 777. The announcement of the event published on the court’s website.
The meeting will start at 10.00 local time (11.00 CET). Stream will be available online.
Previous hearings in the second session was held from 8 to 10 June. As recalled by the Agency “Interfax-Ukraine”, they hand, in particular, reported on the work done and information collected. It is expected that the court will continue preparations for the start of proceedings on the merits. The sessions will last until 3 July.
The prosecution previously expressed wishes to the proceedings on the merits started in October or November 2020.
Prosecutors at previous meetings called on the defense until June 22 to tell us what additional information it needed to prepare for further hearings. The defense, in turn, said that not before the specified date to transfer all of your queries, and “not able to determine when you might be ready to proceed to the consideration of the merits”.
The Boeing 777, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 near Torez in Donetsk region. Killed all 298 people who were on Board (citizens of Netherlands, Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia, UK, Germany, Belgium, Philippines, Canada and New Zealand).
According to the findings of the international investigation team, flight MH17 was shot down from the complex “Buk” from territory controlled by Pro-Russian militants. After the crash, and the weapon was returned to Russia. Investigators said that “Buk” arrived to Donbas from the Kursk region.
In may 2018 the Netherlands and Australia officially blamed Russia for the Downing of flight MH17. Russia his involvement in disaster deny.
March 9, 2020, the Hague regional court began to consider the case of the crash of the Malaysian aircraft. The accused in the case, four: “defense Minister” groups “DNR”, Russian citizen Igor Girkin (Strelkov), the head of “GRU DNR” citizen of the Russian Federation Sergey Dubinsky (Gloomy), his subordinate, a citizen of the Russian Federation Oleg Pulatov (Gyurza), as well as a citizen of Ukraine, the commander of the reconnaissance battalion of the 2nd division “of the GRU DPR” Leonid Kharchenko (Mole). Girkin, Dubinsky and Kharchenko refused to participate in the process, Pulatov presented by a group of lawyers.
It considers the District court of the Hague, since most of the victims were Dutch nationals. The venue of the process for reasons of public interest and a large number of participants decided to move from the courthouse to the legal complex of the city Badhoevedorp near Schiphol airport.