In South Korea announced the second wave of coronavirus

South Korea began the second wave of infection of the coronavirus. On the 22nd of June at the briefing said the Director of the Korean center for control and disease prevention (KCDC) Chon, Eun Kyung, reported the newspaper The Korea Herald.

The epicenter of the new outbreak is located in Seoul.

According to the head of KCDC, the increase in the number of new cases associated with increased activity of citizens in holidays in early may.

Jeon Eun-Kyung urged citizens to respect the social distance, since the second wave can begin throughout the country and autumn or winter, as predicted earlier. Director of KCDC noted that the purpose of government is to control the new outbreaks in the country until, until a vaccine or a cure for coronavirus infection COVID-19.

In June, the number of patients with coronavirus in Seoul has increased to 788, exceeding the may (505) April (412) indicators. Almost half of new patients whose infection was confirmed last week, over 50 years old.

Authorities worried that in intensive care units in the capital are not enough places for patients with severe COVID-19.

Edition of The Korea Times noted that new infections in the Metropolitan region are mainly associated with religious organizations and multilevel marketing companies.

On June 23 the President of South Korea, moon Jae In for the first time since March held a meeting with the authorities of the capital, which urged to carefully control the spread of infection.

According to data from KCDC, since the beginning of the epidemic in the country coronavirus has infected 12 484 inhabitants, of whom 281 died.

Flash COVID-19 began in late 2019 in China. March 11, 2020, the world health organization declared the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. According to data from the American Johns Hopkins University, the total number of infected people in the world has exceeded 9.1 million, of which more than 4.5 million recovered, and 472,5 thousand died.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]