In one of the provinces of Mongolia recorded outbreak of bubonic plague. About it July 1, according to the national center for the study of zoonotic diseases.
The centre has identified that cases had direct contact with 146 people, indirect – with more than 500.
Edition Central Asia notes that in the hospital brought the 27-year-old man and a girl who was in critical condition. The cause of the infection – raw meat of a woodchuck that ate diseased.
For revealing of bubonic plague in two districts of the city Khovd has imposed a quarantine for an indefinite period. The quarantine began at 10.00 am on 29 June, the newspaper notes.
This is not the first cases of bubonic plague in the country. In April last year in the province of Bayan-ölgii couple died from this disease from eating raw meat Groundhog, according to Azattyq Ruhy.
Bubonic plague refers to the acute form of infectious disease caused by the ingestion of the pathogen through the skin. The vectors are fleas parasitic on rats and other rodents. If the plague gets massive distribution, it can be transmitted from animals and from humans by aerosol.