In France arrested a suspect in the genocide in Rwanda. It disappeared 26 years

16 may in France was detained a businessman from Rwanda, félicien Kabuga, accused by the International Tribunal for complicity in genocide, which was organized by the Hutu government against the Tutsi in 1994. As informs Agency France Press, he was a fugitive from justice for almost 26 years.

84-year-old Kabuga was arrested in a house in the town of Asnières-sur-Seine, North of Paris, where he lived under an assumed name for the last three or four years.

The Rwanda genocide was organized by the government, consisting of representatives of the ethnic Hutu against the Tutsi and moderate Hutu. It lasted from April 6 to July 18, 1994, while “Rwandan Patriotic front”, consisting mainly of Tutsis, did not take the country under control.

For the period of the genocide were killed according to various estimates, from 500 thousand to 1 million people – about 20% of the population.

In 1994 he convened the international Tribunal for Rwanda, in 1997, the Tribunal indicted Kabuga charges on seven counts, including complicity in genocide and crimes against humanity. In 2015, the Tribunal was dissolved, and its business was transferred to the International residual mechanism for criminal tribunals.

As writes AFP, Kabuga took an active part in the establishment and funding of militias, the Interahamwe, who committed mass murder during the 100-day genocide.

He was also one of the founders of the radio Libre des Mille Collines incited to murder.

AFP notes that the French Prosecutor’s office will have to make a decision about the arrest of Kabuga and subsequently will probably give him to the Hague. Probably Kabuga will be tried in Tanzania, which is a branch of the International residual mwork out mechanism for criminal tribunals. Thus, according to the Agency, the government of Rwanda intend to ask for extradition of Kabuga’s home to prosecute.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]