In Belarus the headquarters of the three candidates for President – Svetlana Tikhanovski, Valery Tsepkalo and Victor Babariko – decided to join forces. About it it is spoken on the site of the headquarters of Babariko.
The headquarters announced the basic principles of the campaign. Among them:
- The call of the voters to vote on 9 August 2020 and to vote;
- The release of political prisoners, and economic prisoners, giving them the right to a review of cases in an independent and honest courts;
- A re-election after August 9, 2020;
- Informing voters about the need to protect your voice in different ways;
- The call to participate in initiatives for fair elections and to become observers;
- The call at the time of voting to use mechanisms that will be proposed to fix his voice and appearance.
Of these applicants only Tikhanovski registered as a candidate, the rest refused. She is the wife of Belarusian blogger Sergei Tikhanovski. When he was not allowed to the elections, he decided to nominate his wife, and her registered. The Tikhanovski detained in may at the picket in support of the nomination of his wife. Blogger accused of “organizing actions, grossly violating public order”.
Ex-banker Victor Babariko, which is called the main rivals of the incumbent President Alexander Lukashenko, was taken into custody June 18, a day before the deadline, which is given to collect signatures for the candidate. Belarusian law enforcers accused him of financial crimes. On 15 July, the CEC refused the registration Babariko.
In addition, the Central election Commission of Belarus has rejected more than half of the signaturesthat ex-diplomat Valery Tsepkalo gathered in support of his nomination.
Only the CEC registered five candidates. In addition to Lukashenko and Tikhanovski for the post of the head of state claimed co-Chairman of the Association “Tell the truth” Andrey Dmitriev, ex-Deputy Anna Konopacka and the leader of the party “Belarusian social-democratic Gramada” Sergey Cerecer.