Hearings on the case of MH17 in the Netherlands lasted seven hours

In the Netherlands ended the session on the case of the downed over Donbass plane of flight MH17, which lasted seven hours. The following hearings will be held on June 9, said “UKRINFORM” on 8 June.

The meetings are held in the judicial complex Schiphol, located 50 km from the Hague. Consider the case of the downed over Donbass plane of the complex leased for a year.

In connection with the coronavirus pandemic the number of people who can be in court, limited. To the process allowed 100 people: judges, prosecutors, lawyers, relatives of victims and media representatives. The process can be followed live. It is in two languages: Dutch and English.

Session on business is appointed from 8 June to 3 July, in the schedule of hearings can make changes due to pandemic.

On the second session of the trial in the case of MH17, June 8 did not attend any of the four suspects. The status of the accused in this case are three citizens of Russia: the Russian major-General and head of the “GRU DNR” Sergey Dubinsky, his subordinate, Oleg Pulatov, the former “defense Minister DNR” Igor Girkin (Shooters), as well as a citizen of Ukraine Leonid Kharchenko, who led one of the divisions of “GRU DNI”. They were also absent during the first meeting in March.

Pulatov presented in the process by a team of lawyers, two of them are meeting today. Because of the coronavirus, the number of people in the meeting room is limited to: two representatives from the defense and the prosecution.

The Boeing 777, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 near Torez in Donetsk region. Killed all 298 people who were on Board (citizens of Netherlands, Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia, UK, Germany, Belgium, Philippines, Canada and New Zealand).

According to the findings of the international investigation team, flight MH17 was shot down from the complex “Buk” from territory controlled by Pro-Russian militants. After the crash, and the weapon was returned to Russia.

May 24, 2018 the investigators said that “Buk” arrived to Donbas from the Kursk region. The group regained the route which carried the installation.

In may 2018 the Netherlands and Australia officially blamed Russia for the Downing of flight MH17. Russia his involvement in disaster deny.

March 9, 2020, the Hague regional court began to consider the case of the crash of the Malaysian aircraft. 8 June in the Netherlands started the second session of the trial, which runs until 3 July.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]