EU extends sanctions against North Korea for another year

Council of the European Union for another year extended sanctions against North Korea for involvement in the development of nuclear weapons programmes. On 30 July , reported the press service of the Ministry.

“Today, the Council approved the list of individuals and entities under the Autonomous EU sanctions against the Democratic people’s Republic. As a result, the current restrictive measures, namely a travel ban and assets freeze imposed against natural and legal persons, will continue to operate throughout the year until the next annual revision,” – said in the message.

Under European sanctions were 57 individuals and nine legal entities in North Korea for involvement in the development of nuclear weapons programmes, ballistic missiles or other weapons of mass destruction, as well as for the circumvention of the sanctions, noted in a release.

The Council of the EU announced that sanctions against North Korea are “the most stringent” among those who ever injected. They were taken in response to the activities of the DPRK to develop nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles, which is contrary to numerous resolutions of the UN Security Council.

In his new year message, Pyongyang warned that in the near future will show a “new strategic weapon”. According to experts, it can mean improved version of a ballistic missile, Yonhap writes.

Since 2006, North Korea fired six test nuclear weapons and dozens of launches of ballistic missiles. Against the country was imposed sanctions by the European Union, the UN security Council, the USA and several countries, restrictive measures had been extended.

12 June 2018, the US President Donald trump and Kim Jong-UN signed an agreement in Singapore. The document stated that the United States would provide the DPRK with security guarantees, North Korea reiterated its commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. On 27 and 28 February 2019 in Hanoi, Vietnam hosted the second U.S.-North Korea summit. The US President has told that will try to achieve with the leader of the DPRK agreement on denuclearization, and then “turn North Korea into an economic center.” The parties have not reached agreement.

30 June 2019 trump and the leader of North Korea met in Panmunjom village in the demilitarized zone on the border of North Korea and South Korea. The parties agreed to create a group of negotiators from the two countries, which will be empowered to deal with issues of denuclearization.

From July 2019, the DPRK resumed its missile launches.

Trump announced that the latest missile launches, the DPRK did not violate the agreementsreached between him and Kim Jong-UN. The Secretary of defense mark Esper pointed out that the United States will sharply react on missile launches and intend to “keep the door open” for negotiations with Pyongyang.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]