Cirque du Soleil has announced bankruptcy due to pandemic COVID-19

Cirque du Soleil on June 29 declared bankruptcy and the dismissal of approximately 3480 of your employees, information about this appeared on the official website of the company.

At the beginning of the pandemic coronavirus circus has temporarily suspended production of his show, including six in Las Vegas, noted in the message. The company also had to cancel 10 concerts around the world.

“Over the last 36 years Cirque du Soleil has been a very successful and profitable organization. But zero income after the forced closure of all our shows for COVID-19 leaders had to act decisively to protect the future of the company,” said Daniel lamarre, President and CEO of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group.

According to CNN, the Cirque du Soleil almost $1 billion of debt. The company intends to restructure its debt with the government of Canada and private investment companies.

Circus has announced a tender for participation in the competition by their sponsors, including private equity firms from the USA, China and Canada, for $420 million it is Expected that this proposal will be the starting point in the auction to attract other participants.

Cirque du Soleil (“circus of the sun”) – a canadian company working in the field of entertainment. Was founded in 1984 and is based in Montreal. The circus known principled refusal to participate in animal performances and their synthetic performances in which circus skill connected with music, quirky design and choreography. The company employs more than 4 thousand people in different companies.

Flash coronavirus infection COVID-19 began in December 2019 in the Chinese city of Wuhan. March 11, 2020, the world health organization declared the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]