The former striker of FC Karpaty and Shakhtar Gustavo Blanco Leshchuk said 2014 was his move from Argentina to Europe, where his first club was the Russian “Anji”.
– What has been your way from Argentina to Russia?
– Russian agent contacted me when I returned to Arsenal from Sarandi after rental “Deportivo Merlo”. Coach just said does not count for me. I thought, and just wanted to play, which went to Russia. Sorry I was not able to debut there because of a knee injury that left me out of the game for six months, and Anji was immediately terminated a contract with me. But fortunately then I was able to go to Morocco. There I played for Widad of Casablanca, winning the title of champion.
– What kind of knee injury did you have?
– I got injured, and it was very difficult to recover within six months. Russian doctors said that I won’t be able to play and even just running. I cried, I felt so bad. I didn’t want to talk to anyone. But my family was always there supporting me in everything. Thank God, I was able to recover and continue to do what I like.
– Which of the teams you played, surpassed your expectations?
– I have never seen such quality players as Shakhtar. They were really very strong. There was no one who would not deserve to be on this level. With Shakhtar I played in the Champions League and the Europa League.
Currently Blanco Leshchuk is a player of Turkish club Antalyaspor.