ATP and WTA announced the cancellation of all tournaments in China this season. The reason pandemic COVID-19.
“We are very upset that our tournaments in China will not be held this year. Unfortunately, this decision entails the cancellation of the Final tournament WTA championship race. However, we respect the decision of China and hope to be back next season as soon as possible”, – said the head of the WTA Steve Simon.
A list of tournaments that will be held on:
- the ATP 500 tournaments in Chengdu and Zhuhai
- tournament ATP 500 in Beijing
- ATP masters in Shanghai
- tournaments WTA International in Nanchang and Guangzhou
- The premiere of the WTA Zhengzhou, Wuhan and Beijing
- final of the WTA tournament in Shenzhen
- small final of the WTA tournament in Zhuhai
Recall that season, women should resume the tournament in Palermo (August 3), men – at competitions in new York city (August 24).
The ATP has announced the cancellation of the 2020 China tournament swing.
— ATP Tour (@atptour) July 24, 2020