“A very strange initiative”. In the Federation Council of the Russian Federation commented on the plans of the Netherlands to apply against Russia a lawsuit in the ECHR in the case of MH17

In the Federation Council of the Russian Federation “expressed bewilderment” in connection with the plans of the government of the Netherlands to sue Russia in the European court of human rights (ECHR) due to the crash of the Boeing 777 in the Donbass, reported “Interfax” on July 10.

In comments to the Agency head of the Federation Council Committee on international Affairs Konstantin Kosachev expressed the opinion that it was “very strange initiative in all respects”.

The Senator noted that not yet completed the investigation, there are no court decisions at the national level “and finally, what does the ECHR”.

On 10 July, the Netherlands reported that served in ECHR lawsuit against Russia in connection with the accident Malaysian aircraft. The government has informed that will submit to the court all the information about the crash of flight MH17 and support individual lawsuits. Previously a lawsuit in the ECHR asked some relatives of the victims. Complaint on behalf of 40 families against Russia and its President filed lawyer Jerry Skinner. Victims seeking $330 million in compensation.

The Boeing 777, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur flight MH17, crashed on July 17, 2014 near Torez in Donetsk region. Killed all 298 people who were on Board (citizens of Netherlands, Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia, UK, Germany, Belgium, Philippines, Canada and New Zealand).

According to the findings of the international investigation team, flight MH17 was shot down from the complex “Buk” from territory controlled by Pro-Russian militants. After the crash, and the weapon was returned to Russia. Investigators said that “Buk” arrived to Donbas from the Kursk region.

In may 2018 the Netherlands and Australia officially blamed Russia for the Downing of flight MH17. Russia his involvement in disaster deny.

March 9, 2020, the Hague regional court began to consider the case of the crash of the Malaysian aircraft. The accused in the case, four: “defense Minister” groups “DNR”, Russian citizen Igor Girkin (Strelkov), the head of “GRU DNR” citizen of the Russian Federation Sergey Dubinsky (Gloomy), his subordinate, a citizen of the Russian Federation Oleg Pulatov (Gyurza), as well as a citizen of Ukraine, the commander of the reconnaissance battalion of the 2nd division “of the GRU DPR” Leonid Kharchenko (Mole). Girkin, Dubinsky and Kharchenko refused to participate in the process, Pulatov presented by a group of lawyers.

It considers the District court of the Hague, since most of the victims were Dutch nationals. The venue of the process for reasons of public interest and a large number of participants decided to move from the courthouse to the legal complex of the city Badhoevedorp near Schiphol airport.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Releated

The EU supports the Belarusian people – Borrell

Vice-President of the European Commission, high representative of the Union for foreign Affairs and security policy Josep Borrell supported the demonstrators who took to the streets of Belarusian cities. About this he wrote in Twitter on Sunday, August 16. “Hundreds of thousands of Belarusians went out today on a peaceful demonstration, demanding the release of […]

Adviser to trump denies the media reports about the alleged intentions of the White house to meet with Putin before the election

Advisor to the President for national security Robert O’brien denied that the us President intends to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin before the presidential elections in the United States. About it the adviser said in comments to NBC News on August 16. Earlier on Sunday, the channel, citing sources reported that trump was considering […]

Workers of two factories in Belarus, announced the strike Monday

Labor collectives of the plant “Belaruskali” and refinery “Naftan”, on August 16 announced that Monday, August 17, join the nationwide strike in Belarus, reported the news portal TUT.BY. The workers demanded to release all political prisoners and participants of peaceful demonstrations, the resignation of Alexander Lukashenko, the holding of fair and transparent elections, and investigations […]

Russia was seen paddy wagons and unmarked rooms, which were moving toward the border with Belarus – Conflict Intelligence Team

From Russia to the border with Belarus, according to eyewitnesses, moving cars similar to police cars, unmarked. About this in Facebook the evening of August 16, said the investigative group Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT). “The information about the transfer of personnel of Regardie towards Belarus seems to be confirmed”, – stated in the message. The […]